PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four day "Gabfest" at Merimbula.
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2003, 01:40
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA are inconsistant, practice strict liability and discretionary powers at a whim, have an old boy's net and make laws not to improve safety, but to make them safe from prosecution.

Even after intervention by Minister's, the Senate Estimates hearings and Commonwealth Ombudsman, recommendations are ignored, and they continue to empire build in the name of safety.

The safety promotions unit is doing a good job under what I would imagine are fairly trying circumstances brought about by their Boss and his "ILK".

triadic; why don't AOPA get involved any more (honest question, no trap)?

trashie; when you can afford to be shafted to the tune of 100k and smile about it, you have too much money ! In the meantime I will continue to advocate the dethroning of CASA's top eschelon and I am sorry if the safety promotions unit gets it in the neck on the way. (sorry guys and gals)

some questions for the team

1) How many are in your roadshow.
2) Do you fly or drive to the venues
3) How many FOI's went to Ceduna for the eclipse in how many planes.
4) Why does it take one Chieftan to fly 3 guys from Canberra to Hay for a fly in.

Finally, I get so much CASA "stuff" glunking up my hard drive that it is little wonder that most of it is not read in it's entirety and I simply cannot afford a 4 day holiday on the coast and if I could, I probably would want to spend it in a more relaxed atmosphere than a lecture theatre.

Are the lectures worth more than the equivalent amount of insurance cover for my a/c and can I claim an insurance reduction if I attend?

One last thing trashie, farm deaths far outweigh aviation deaths in this mans country and I drive around in an antiquated tractor (by your standards). and not one comparison can be made in the name of safety to justify the CASA castle and empire and the farm machinery regulators. Oh and I get a cash incentive to put a rollbar on my tractor from the government.