PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Shares Set For Freefall
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2001, 01:06
BmPilot21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't seem right that a babaric act of such magnitude by (probably) middle east terrorists should be helping the middle east economy by driving oil prices up.
Lets hope the situation doesn't escalate as it did in the gulf war. I hope President Bush considers ALL the effects of his retaliation before he goes ahead.

Yes, we need to do something but there's no point going in all guns blazing with a knee jerk reaction if it's not going to achieve something. It needs to be part of an integrated worldwide policy which IMPROVES worldwide stability by uniting countries against terrorism.

All countries are distancing themselves from this in fear of retribution from 'Dubya' - even Gadaffi!!. I hope that these tragic events can be used as a 'heads up' that terrorism is a major threat and something needs to be done. The US can no longer pick and choose what to get involved with, the fight has come to them. Until a solution to the Israel / Palestine crisis is found I fear the USA will never be able to have credibilty in the Mid-East. They need to get involved as Clinton did.

It worked in Northern Ireland where peace seemed impossible, agreement was found. Obviously there's still a long way to go but at least there's hope.

I just pray Bush doesn't retreat into 'Fortress America' with Star Wars etc.

Oh, and next time maybe they'll have a Nuke strapped in the airplane......now there's an incentive.

Hope that's cheered you all up, off to get my sandwich board and cheep bottle of bourbon