PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 02:13
THEPRFCT10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mis-understood. . .

It bothers me a little, well, maybe a lot. For those who thought when some said "it could happen to any one of us", I whole heartedly believe they mis-understood. We all know flying is and can be unforgiving. We know the risks involved from the very beginning of our flying careers. We still do it. We all do it for different reasons....I bet we all do it because we just love to fly. Only those who do can explain the feelings. There's plenty of good aviation quotes that I could never match in words. There is always plenty of room for error. Scary, really. Getting buried in the approach plates after this accident for me has be a huge wake up call---"it could happen to any one of us"....we are all susceptible to making mistakes. No one is perfect. That's all. Yes, we are professionals, but not perfect. I'd love to hear from any one here that has had a perfect flight. Two professional pilots died doing what they love...doing what we love. I was in SDF today...as we taxied to rwy 35L, and passed all those UPS jets, several A300s, I got chills. So sorry this happened. I hope this made sense. Just read their memorial pages, may Cerea and Shanda rest in peace.