PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 00:41
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) I'll be on the Crew contract (If I make it) and was wondering if there is any sort of soft or hidden money. Night pay etc. You get your basic salary, which has minor yearly increments + 'experience pay', which is based on the number of years you've worked there (yes, I know, 'why isn't that just part of the yearly increment?') + accommodation allowance + per diem for food/drink. On top of this captains get $80 if they carry out a two-landing flight during the midnight/early hours (basically, routing through OKA on a freighter pattern). FOs don't get this. You get your C Class tickets OR $2000 to spend how you wish on ZED tickets or whatever. At the end of the contract you get a completion bonus.
2) I saw most guys are flying under 60 hours, but is there a threshold? Meaning, do you get paid more if you fly more than a certain amount? Anything over 70 hours attracts overtime payment. It used to be common with the passenger flying and non-existent with the cargo flying (AJX v AJV). Now we are all one and mixing the flying overtime is rare. I've never had any overtime since joining
3) Any Portuguese guys flying for AJX on the contract? Not that I can think of. There's a few Spaniards and Italians. If you need to speak Portugese then there's a couple of Brazilian pilots.
4) is there any major advantage to going with Parc or Crew for a European? Once upon a time Parc had a decent loss of licence and pretty average medical cover. Crew had no loss of licence but brilliant medical cover. Now Crew offer loss of licence insurance for a very good price and you'd be daft not to take it because you won't find the equivalent as an individual. So, the situation is now Crew with LOL for $150 and excellent medical for the pilot and his family or Parc with 'free' LOL and medical cover for the pilot that would cost a lot more than $150/month if you want to cover your family. Everything else is similar. Parc are also biding their time until next year when the majority NCA contracts are up for renewal and then they're going to try and reduce the terms and conditions of the insurance. If I were joining now I'd go with Crew; Parc are resting on their laurels and have been pretty much silent/non-existent in their dealing with AJX and supporting the pilots.