PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2013, 00:39
SLFinAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubbish. Those guys did the best they could. Throw a 12 year-old into a Formula 1 at max speed at night in the wet and they will make just as big a hash of it as the AF447 guys did.

Without prejudging the UPS accident, the same could well have happened here. A crew trained and checked to the required standard presented with an unusual situation which they could not resolve/cope with. Come to think of it, Asiana 214 was exactly the same thing.

If you flew, you'd know what I was talking about.

I have flown and I know exactly what I'm talking about. AF447 was and always will be simple incompetence. The scenario with the unreliable airspeed was a known event and should have been reviewed and briefed as a normal part of training. Had the PF flown pitch and power all would have been fine. Had the PM taken control of the aircraft all would have been fine.

Under no circumstances would a qualified and competent pilot fly higher where the margin of error would be less without reliable data. Beyond that it is impossible for me to comprehend any pilot holding full deflection for literally minutes....even a GA pilot understands that the 1st thing you do is unload the airframe...

Simple truth is the PF was not qualified to sit in the pointy end of a commercial airliner....period.