PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zero To First Officer
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2001, 09:49
Cos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Busta,

I am interested to hear a success come from the 02FO book. I bought it and found it to contain almost no practical information on how to get a flying job. All the book seemed to contain was a lot of enthusiastic pep-talk about how one should stay positive during training. True I am sure but I felt it glossed over the important details that a potential student pilot needs to know. Such things as assessing whether one could complete an ATPL course, how to build hours, what to do it you are not recruited with 300 flight hours (which the book presumes you will be). The list is endless.

I recommend that if you need a pep talk, you should not be considering spend £60K+ on training. If you need information on flying training and recruitment, use this excellent web site or buy a different book. In short, I was disappointed. Any book that recommends you make money for training by gambling on horse-racing should be treated with suspicion in my opinion.

Busta, congratulations, I am truly glad that you have a career in flying. I would be interested to know how the 02FO book helped you to secure a flying job.