PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2013, 19:19
PPRuNeUser0204

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am LHS at easyJet and can confidently say the places will be taken pretty quickly. Do I like the offer? No, absolutely not, but this as others have said is classic supply and demand. Whether people like it or not, easyJet is a pretty major player in Europe with good career prospects for those with time in the company. Some people will take the long term view and accept the deal as is.

Over the last 4-5 years I have flown with European pilots, albeit with Airbus ratings, who jumped at the chance of being back in Europe flying for a european airline as a contractor as long as it got them away from their sh$thole half way around the world.

The same will happen with this round of recruitment. The deal is on the table, it's the only deal at the moment. You either look at the long game with short term pain or you walk away and wait for better times. However time to command is increasing.....

You talk of solidarity but none of you are organised as a group so how can you have solidarity? "The fog of righteousness" - how apt.

One thing is for sure though, if no one accepts the deal on moral grounds management will just go to the flight schools and take another bunch of cadets. I am constantly amazed at how many people in their twenties are willing to saddle themselves with a £100k of debt to sit next to me

Last edited by PPRuNeUser0204; 20th Aug 2013 at 19:23.