PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UKIP Defence Policy Released
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2013, 19:18
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
The really worrying thing is that Billy was an F3 pilot so surely he must know that the F3 airframes were f*cked - in no way were they mid-life and fit for service within this Reservist Fast Jet Force that he's suggesting. The F3s were supposed to last for 15-20 years maximum and they had served for upwards of 25 already when they retired. If he suggests using some of the GR4s then some of those are over 30 years old - that's ancient in Combat Aircraft terms.

The niaivity of the comment that Wellington needed only a staff of 28 to raise his Army just beggars belief! I don't believe that the Napoleonic Wars had anyware near the complexity of modern day warfare and legal requirements. Yes, 80-odd thousand MOD Civil Servants is excessive but many of them are essential if the military are to function - isn't that why the current shower are streamlining MOD and thinning out some of the MOD Civil Servants? Abolishing the MOD in toto is just plain dumb!

As for 'choosing your allies wisely' - does anyone else want to state the bleedin' obvious?

I voted for UKIP for the local elections for one reason: they are given their own heads for local policy making and not whipped to a national 'Party Line'. It was also a sort of 'protest vote' to awaken the mainstream. However, I cannot see UKIP ever being fit to govern the UK in its current guise with its current bunch of clowns and this woefully lacking policy proves it.

LJ