PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A fork in the road!
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2003, 23:34
Capt BK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A fork in the road!

Ok, I know lots of people have been asking the "what to do" question lately but I wondered if I could ask for your thoughts on my predicament.

Im taking redundancy at the end of the year and the package should pay for my CPL/IR with possibly a bit left over. It's any money left over and an HSBC PSL that are giving me a bit of a headache. I just dont know where to go from there

The way I see it I have three options:

1. Do the MCC and money depending a JOC. This would leave me in the ring fighting for a RHS job but would require only a small loan and hence low debt.

2. Do an FI. This would leave me with a tad more debt and I could do the MCC when/if the market picks up. Apply for CTC, easyjet etc.

3. Do both. This is obviously the prefered option but would leave me with much more debt.

I suppose it comes down to how much debt i'm prepared to have after training when the chances of a flying job are almost non existant and i end up working behind the bar of my local!

What do you think? Shall I limit my chances and try to stay out of the red or shall I go the whole hog and worry about the finances later