PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2013, 16:51
pitotheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those thinking of holding out for a better deal at eJ you should be aware that your place will be quickly filled by someone as experienced and able as you who will accept the offer. In 2-3 years time they will have accumulated 1500+ hours in an ever growing and successful company and getting ever closer to a LHS. Where will you be? I doubt eJ will accept further applications from those who have previously been offered a place but turned it down.
This recruitment of experienced pilots came about by pressure from within the company, particularly from trainers, who wanted to see a more diverse range of new entrants. The company did not have to do this they could have continued recruiting all the FOs through CTC and Parc. This has been done in part to bridge some differences between the company and the pilots. For outsiders to dismiss this opportunity is a bit of a slap in the face for those of us trying to put alternative views to a management whose major concern is the figure at the bottom of a spreadsheet page. If this is a success then I would imagine there may be similar recruitment drives in future years but based on years of experience the T&Cs will not be any better. As previously stated the only chance of improvement is to turn the tap off at the flying schools and that is not happening soon.
There are many silent observers of this thread looking at these comments and perhaps being swayed by the moral argument of holding out for a better, fairer deal. Be warned there are plenty who will climb over you to get a start date with eJ regardless of what they may post here. So you silent applicants just be careful not to be unduly influenced by anyone on this thread, including me, but make your own decision based on where you want to be and how you can get there.
Good luck to all those in the happy situation of having to make their decision.

Last edited by pitotheat; 20th Aug 2013 at 16:55.