PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Safe Airline" vs. Unsafe Culture. We're discussing the wrong thing!
Old 20th Aug 2013, 14:56
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I think pilots have identified that unacceptable management pressure currently degrades safety. Now it is up to regulators to come to the same conclusion.

This falls into the category of many things I've experienced in my career: there is a perceived or real problem, but as yet no smoking hole; the XAA seem hesitant to agree because they do not see a solution if they acknowledge the problem, or it will be too inconvenient to implement the solution. Under the carpet with it. That carpet is very lumpy now.

How many crew are taking the time to file a safety report with their authority because they feel they can't do it within the structure of their company.

Big difference between an employee in a union airline and a contractor in a non-union airline. One will keep their job for stirring it, the other will be on their bike. Both might be correct, but will the XAA back the latter to the hilt. It won't matter because a contractor is always vulnerable.

Last edited by RAT 5; 20th Aug 2013 at 14:56.