PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2013, 13:12
Piloto2011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on guys, let's be real, compared to what's going on in other professions the majority of employed pilots are still enjoying a pretty decent lifestyle with decent pay.

From what I know eJ is a great company to work for, if not the best, depending on what you are looking for, of course, i.e. short haul, no tours or overnights, brand new equipment, great safety culture, many career opportunities.

From what I also know is by passing on the cost of training entirely to the pilot they avoid taking on a rotten apple and having to pay for it. While I disagree with the approach of not sharing any financial responsibility for training a new colleague, I can understand the company's motivation. It's just business.

I however cannot help but seeing more and more signs of the market starting to move. Granted there are thousands of us out there looking to climb the latter, or secure that elusive first job, but I wouldn't be surprised if eJ, and others, will have to offer a better package come next summer to be able to attract enough people.