PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheesed off! but perhaps for the better good in the long run?!
Old 20th Aug 2013, 12:12
RyanRs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeeCee - what is the CFE's name down lydd? he did tell me he was on here, Steve rings a bell? iirc his last name was the same name as the road he lives in, i remember him telling me somethign like that?
I would love to join a group in Lydd, a very well equipt airport and excellent runway however i live in north kent and it would take me over an hour to drive there :/

G-F0RC3 - I did do regular and frequent FREDA checks, but as if i was in a cessna. 'Fuel - On and sufficient' It didn't cross my mind to change tanks as im not used to doing it. I can almost certainly say that had the radio not been screaming in my ears for the entire flight, i would have had much more concentration on vital differences that i need to check that aren't in the cessna. I did check tanks when down Lydd, i could see there was enough left for the return journey in the Left tank and i did notice it was less full than the right, however i remembered back to when i quizzed my instructor about this back in training when a Cessna was full one side and 4/5 full the other and he said it was because of un-even ground. I thought this about the PA28 and didnt think any more about it. A mistake that i will NEVER forget again! I used to forget carb heat checks as part of my FREDA, until the day that me and my instructor was up in cold moist air and suddenly from nowhere the engine started spluttering.. My instructor went straight for the carb heat without a second delay and resolved the problem. Since then i have NEVER forgotten a carb heat / icing check!