PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 7192 D3
Thread: 7192 D3
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2003, 22:22
Mister Rainbow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sig

First, let me say I whole heartedly support 7192 and a resulting long-overdue formal qualification for UK airline operations personnel.

However:

1) The GCNS course is a set of cut-and-paste ATPL manuals with new covers. That has been confirmed to me times many by people who have done ATPL ground school. As a result I have a sledgehammer to crack a walnut. Further proof of this is available by doing a quick comparison of timescales as recommended in 7192 against the GCNS timetable.

2) The amount of errors contained in the first module is inexcusable, especially when the cost of the thing is taken into consideration. It simply should never have been issued until properly proof read and this does not inspire confidence in future material.

This is not a case of "throwing out the baby with the bathwater." Our industry simply demands a far better standard. That is the issue here. As far as I am concerned, the GCNS thus far has been a disgrace and your argument, Sir, holds no water.

Glasgow have already and deservedly had coursework returned to them by one operator. Watch this space chaps.
It's the guys who have shelled out their own hard-earned I feel sorry for.....