PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheesed off! but perhaps for the better good in the long run?!
Old 20th Aug 2013, 10:24
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sensible advice Broomstick, check out everything prior to rushing in.

This thread made me laugh slightly, in remembering a rental I had a year or so back. I have always been fortunate in owning my own aircraft, and the only person I can get cheesed off with is myself!

However. I took a club aircraft out, the usual clapped out thing, mines was in for maitenance, and on our return the LED lights for the nav and radios began to fail. Once inside the CTZ, of course, all radios failed, with us in a hold, and positioned number 4 in traffic for landing. (A big busy airport). As you can imagine, things got quite exciting. It all worked out well, and after a safe landing, and a lot of help from the controllers, I logged in the tech book, the issue, and grounded the aircraft for avionics inspection.

A subsequent e mail, and telephone call from owner, and the club CFI, kicked my backside for noting the event in the tech log - quote 'costing us money because the aeroplane is grounded', and 'the procedure is give me a call before putting anything in the tech log'. Not a 'sorry about that are you all right', or 'thanks for sorting that issue out and getting it back on the ground', no, my arse got kicked.

Never rented that particular aeroplane again