PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chile C130
Thread: Chile C130
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2013, 07:58
TEEEJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chilean Air Force Commander-in-Chief, General Fernando Matthei revealed the details some years ago in a documentary..

Gen Maffei: "RAF C-130 with electronic intelligence equipment flew from the Pacific via Easter Island disgused as Chilean Air Force aircraft. This was done on the premise they had to fly between internal destinations within Chile collecting intelligence. The aircraft were noted by the misspelling of the Fuerza Area de Chile."
From Google translation of the Matthei interview.

Transport aircraft arrived in English through Easter Island. One day, for example, appeared a Hercules C-130 Force saying "Area" of Chile. It was a plane that had the same number of one of our own and which lacked only the letter "e" Air. That attention. It was painted with the colors of the Fach and had to carry the radar to Balmaceda, which would be installed to have insight into the Argentine facilities in Comodoro Rivadavia (see map).

When the war ended I took from that place, because it was mostly helpful and moved to another, where it works to this day-to monitor traffic to the Antarctic. When the war ended, more fully informed General Pinochet? Yes. There Pinochet told him he had bought all that equipment to the English, only two "green beans". I had to know. He looked at me with a face ... But I told him everything in detail.
The Falklands Conflict - Data Library - Aircraft

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...ml#post7095219

General Matthei interview features in the following Chilean documentary. It is in six parts on You Tube. General Matthei discusses the C-130s in the following.

Last edited by TEEEJ; 20th Aug 2013 at 08:30.