PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2013, 05:51
gtseraf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ana has about 58 767's now. A mix of -300's. -300ER's(25 of them), freighter (2 +1 on order?)and BCF (converted pax to freighter)(8 or 9)

AJX operates the -300ER for pax ops and the freighter/BCF for freight ops.

The oldest ER is about 10 years old, the youngest around 1 year. The oldest Freighter about 10 years old. The BCF's between 24 and 16 years old since delivery as pax aircraft, all converted in the past 8 years or so.

The -300's, used for domestic operation by ANA are old and will probably be retired first. AJX pilots cannot fly domestic ops in Japan.

No official info is available but it would appear there are no more orders for new 767's, the 787 is to replace them. The pax aircraft have a few years in them still and the freighters, well who knows? Maybe forever!

I t seems as if ANA prefer to retire aircraft after about 15 years service, so we may see some retirement s soon, though the 787 delay has messed with that.

Rumours are plenty about AJX moving to another type but I would base my plans on being on the 767 for a long time in AJX. Any change would be a bouns.