PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTC-Africa v`s EFT Florida
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2003, 21:18
Flying Boat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Clarifying a couple of statements

Keeping it alive for OSCAR!

Oscar, please could you be a liittle more original? OSW, OSX, OSY, OSZ, ONA, all with ZS- in front at FTC!! The "new" planes.

No opposition AT PRESENT.

AFT are simply far superior than FTC, learnt more in 2 weeks at AFT than 3 months at FTC!

I don't know Walter, but I like to think he is a very honourable man & very professional.
As for Peter Godwin, I know he is a very honourable man and very professional, but he is Bonus Aviation, and is never ever going to get near the skeletons in the closet.
I understand bonus is very good from PPL to (frozen) ATPL, but if their prices are so good, why should anyone even go to RSA for their JAR licence instead of Bonus?

Hate to tell you, but, Bonus is no longer as competitive as you think, don't forget to add 17.5% VAT to the quoted rates.
(Nothing personal towards bonus but at present I am researching all prices and this is the truth, if wrong, the quoted prices of approx. £8,500 for an IR is great. Bonus am I wrong?)

As for your exchange rates quote, are you sure we don't believe you are highly involved with the top? Still smoking?
The Rand rate fluctuating does not make much of a problem, seeing as you are an RSA company, paying bills in Rands to the fuel companies, paying maintenance in Rands & paying salaries in Rands to hard working RSA staff, also receiving Rands from the RSA students. Even Europeans paying by credit card pay you in Rands (NO CHOICE), through your RSA bank account. A successful, worldly wise company does not worry about a credit card charge & use it to try to justify an exchange rate game.
The only impact to FTC is the playing of monies on the currency markets, you don't move funds frequently do you? As you are in RSA.
In any case the pound isn't as good today is it? Rand the best performing currency in 2002!

A friendly word of advice, change your information providor & FTC should improve greatly when they can make well informed judgements.

I have always said FTC needs 2 years to sort itself out before Europeans can confidently go back to RSA for JAR training. Any responsible person would agree.

Good Luck with your future flying career.

PS

TB & SK8y thanks for the moral backup.

Long Live fair play & honesty!