PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chile C130
Thread: Chile C130
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2013, 20:02
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Thanks

Thanks for the spyflight link Stuff. It says that these two C130s were supporting the loan of the PR9s that may have been operating from 30th April. Hutchings flew out on 25th May. Their own 9s did not go till September.

Yes JTO Hutchings mentions about the miss spelling of Aerea

Now as for this 30 year rule. My interpretation is that we are not at liberty to disclose our secrets at will after 30 years. damage could still be done to individuals or relationships with foreign governments.

My original question related to the understanding I got from Hutchings story was that these C130s had been given/sold to the Chileans, not operated clandestinely as appears the case from the spyflight article.

Do I bother to read the official history? I assumed Hutchings manuscript had been vetted prior to publication and had the endorsement of HRH and said to be authentic. I believe Hutchings assessment in the epilogue that Mikado would have been disastrous.

there are a couple of other points from Hutchings book that I have been pondering today. Why, if our relationship with Chile was such, did they have to lie low for 8 days before reporting to the authorities? I know this was before we all had cell phones but they could have reported in sooner. Why such a public exit and entry to UK. He did not fully explain why they separated from the hooligans or state how the hooligans were repatriated. perhaps they are still there!!!

probably best draw this thread to a close having concluded that the c130 was one of ours and hopefully got back safe.