PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Safe Airline" vs. Unsafe Culture. We're discussing the wrong thing!
Old 19th Aug 2013, 19:55
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's say I am the CEO of an airline. I would like my HR dept to hire people whom I could trust to be good ambassadors of my company and its culture: people who would like to invest themselves in a career to promote my own philosophy and product to the customers. I would then like my training dept. to promote captains whom I could trust to be special ambassadors for my company and promote its safe, customer caring product to the passengers and public where-ever they are. Captains whom I could trust to make sound judgement for the safety of the flight while regarding the sound commercial aspect of the hand that feeds them. I would monitor performance for good business reasons and advise where necessary and trust the message was received and agreed upon. I would listen to concerns and maintain trust.
If I couldn't trust my captains to do that simple job then I had the wrong guys. I would expect them to trust me in return, and be proud to be my ambassador, and we would have a professional trusting relationship.
How often does that happen today? Answers on a postcard to...........

Last edited by RAT 5; 19th Aug 2013 at 20:59.