PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 3
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2013, 16:18
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Firstly we are referring to the D&C EC145 NOT your EC135!
As I don't fly a 145, I can only give an example based on something I do have experience on, hence the 135. If I flew the 145, my scenario would have had 145 figures and might have involved a trip down the A38. Regardless of type, 90kgs of fuel is 90 kgs of fuel.

Secondly if were going to drag your EC135 into it then do you normally sit your EC135 outside with full fuel or 400kg?
It would sit outside with the appropriate amount of fuel

If you want more fuel to start with then surely you turn the passenger down?
Even if we had a pax with us and a job came in where we were going to be tight on fuel, Welsh border request or suchlike, then I would top up with the extra fuel and ditch the pax

... but I guess you could discuss and generate options with your fellow crew and perhaps a plan could be formed for another NPAS unit to get airborne and assist? Hawarden? Manchester?
Did you read my post? I only ask as you seem to have missed the bit about handing over to NPASNW

Is there an SOP of not having an aircraft sat with full fuel in case a passenger needs to be flown? I've seen pictures of dog handlers flying before now.
Now then, I'll let you work that one out all by yourself. Would you have the ac sitting there that 90kg lighter just incase you suddenly have to take a pax, or have that 90kg fuel in the tank & in your back pocket?

Is there any particular reason why every post you have made since this topic was started, contains an insult?