PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines who ask pilots to pay to fly !
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2013, 10:17
Chief Brody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think PTF should be avoided at all costs. Reducing bonds for a type rating are ok imoh but money should only go in one direction come payday....them to you.

The argument levelled at us with jobs is that we don't know what it's like out there.

Well its true that when I went through the sausage factory the global economy was very different. Being a self improver my ppl instructor told me one thing before I headed off to finish my cpl/ir....for Christs sake get a recommendation - it's what separates you from everyone else.

So I went to the Heathrow Radison roadshow and asked each FT provider if they gave airline recommendations for self improver runts - most no, two said yes on the understanding that I passed both the cpl and ir first time. Which I did and true to their word FTE got me and interview with flybe.

So what's your point you ask....

One, only embark on your training when the world economy isn't in the house.

Two, make sure you satisfy yourself that a recommendation will be forthcoming at the end - subject to any caveats they stipulate.

If both cant be met then chalk it up to fate and don't go down the airline route, rather just enjoy your ppl to the max. Twin, imc etc.