PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS postings: any discretion over postings?
Old 19th Aug 2013, 07:34
reportyourlevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a lot of people on here who are no longer current and, in reality, have no idea of what the training is like these days. In their times you had to know everything about everything in order to pass - it's not like that now as someone finally realised that time spent memorising irrelevant crap is wasted. Plenty of people have done it while married with kids, I know several personally. If you want it, you can do it.

Also, there are people on here who over-estimate the amount of work required to be successful at college and I think some of those fall into the "won't somebody think of the children" camp here. Raise your children how you think best; don't listen to the armchair experts on teh internets. My wife and I both have full-time jobs and our kids spend time with their grandparents and in nursery while we are both at work. This, I think, is good for them both educationally and socially.

ATC is actually a brilliant career for those with kids, there's plenty of time off and I get to spend much more time with my family than I would if I was stuck in the 9-5 grind.

Last edited by reportyourlevel; 19th Aug 2013 at 18:54.