PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Longford, Australia, S76 Engine Failure at CDP
Old 19th Aug 2013, 06:34
oleary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Eacott states, "That's not only a bit harsh but remarkably insulting to Brian: a simple check would tell you that he has had a stellar career in helicopters over the past 45 or so years. Esso is well known for excellent maintenance and Brian's experience on the S76 flying for Esso does not deserve your comments, even if your experience of the C30 is less fortunate.

Indeed, my time with the S76A (Okanagan Australia) in the early years had very few engine problems and certainly no failures of note. Does that make me similarly 'uninformed'? "
----------------------------------------------------------
Yes, John, it does!

Why the hell did Sikorsky/Allison mandate the installation of the 170 pound "containment kit" in 1982!

Esso Canada was mightily pissed about this as they lost one seat - and I know, because I was the Okie job manager in Tuk!

The kit was the result of Dome Petroleum's (Mel Barton, Captain) total destruction of MQE. And this sure as hell was not the only case of a C30 in a 76 grenading.