PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2013, 01:09
Cosmo Beauregard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God speed noble crew.

I'm afraid that our flight crew was unaware of their situation. The Cockpit Voice Recorder will be a witness to that if that is indeed the case. The Airbus A300 was and is a very very good aircraft. Just by looking at the Service Difficulty Report on this particular A300 one could only conclude that this A300 was an exceptional aircraft. Everything released so far has indicated that the aircraft was functioning perfectly. At 3 am to 4:30 am the radio airwaves are fairly quiet. Although they were flying parallel to the busiest airport in the world; even Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is relatively peaceful at this hour of the morning. The old expression Hours of Boredom... applies.
My sole hope is they never knew what happened. I'm sure the Crew Rest rules that the FAA applied to the Passenger Carriers recently will surely come under fire for neglecting the Cargo Haulers even though they often fly the exact same equipment in the exact same environment. They just don't say good bye to every package flown. The Professionalism required is nearly identical. If you don't believe this is possible, There was a two man crew flying a commercial airliner bound for MSP that overflew the airport by a long long way before a Flight Attendant sensed something was wrong and demanded the Flight Crew's attention.