PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2013, 23:54
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 10-9s chart published by Jepp for KBHM has two notes associated with the LOC approach for RW18. The first is that Minima is based on a CDFA, the second states that the approach is not authorised at night. This may be operator specific to our coverage but I thought most European operators are now using this.
Well, I don't have a 10-9s in front of me, so I cant see what you're referring to. There was some discussion of this earlier. the Jepp plate for the LOC approach (posted in post #228 of this thread) seems to suggest in the minima section that it's N/A at night. However it also contains the note that the procedure is N/A *if* the PAPI is inop. That taken by itself implies the the procedure is approved for night ops if the PAPI is operative. So there seems to be conflicting information on the Jepp chart.

However, no such conflict exists (or if it does, I can't see it) on the Federal chart for the same procedure, only the not that the procedure is n/a at night if PAPI inop. So which is correct? Jeppesen or the FAA who designed the approach?