PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2013, 21:25
El Bunto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another pointless survey, does anyone mean to tell me that they would choose a different flight based on the results of this survey?
Well if the airport itself were unimportant, why bother with heating and glass ceiling-height windows and carpets? Just a big warehouse would suffice with doors exiting out to the aircraft ( no need for airbridges since passengers are only interested in the flight ).

Why did Heathrow ever evolve beyond marquee tents and duckboards?

Airports have to attract customers, particularly if there is a local competitor that has flights to the same destinations.

Passengers are required to be on premises two hours before a domestic flight; if the environment is not tolerable they will remember that in future. It won't be 90% of their future planning decisions but it will be a factor.

I'll not be using Bristol or Luton airports willingly any time in the future so any flights to / from there are immediately irrelevant. Belfast City is wavering on the 'avoid' list ( security is a mess ). Leeds Bradford on several occasions didn't have the gate ready for arrival so another one to avoid.

Where else now... Heathrow is utter chaos so avoid that. London City and Stansted were always good experiences to I'll consider flights there. East Midlands was ropey but at least fairly comfortable.

Last edited by El Bunto; 18th Aug 2013 at 21:32.