PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2013, 20:25
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA stats - BRS

Since the Airbus Corporate Shuttle operated by bmi regional to Hawarden and Toulouse was transferred from Filton to BRS at the beginning of this year the passengers have been shown under the charter column in the monthly CAA stats tables. Thus in July BRS-Hawarden saw 763 passengers and BRS-Toulouse 2304. In addition 8962 Toulouse passengers were shown in the scheduled column, being easyJet passengers.

I have no idea what the explanation is for the CWL and LPL 'scheduled' passengers into or out of BRS in July. I thought of diversions but that would seem to make little sense in the way the figures are presented.

Maybe it's an error as you suggest. They are provisional so might be corrected later.

The CAA stats are not infallible and in fact carry a 'warning notice' broadly to this effect on the CAA website.

For example, in 2012 no passengers were shown on the BRS-Guernsey route under Domestic Routes Analysis in the majority of months even though Aurigny operated throughout the year, and the annual total is still shown as 6833 which is manifestly incorrect. There were 27,000 in 2009, 24,000 in both 2010 and 2011, and 2013 is on course for around 24,000.

The mistake is perpetuated in this year's stats where, for example, the July 2012 total for BRS-GCI is still shown as blank in the comparison (with 2013) column.

In the grand scheme of things I suppose there are more important matters for airports to concern themselves with.

Incidentally, last week the July passenger figures for BHX were published by the CAA showing a double digit percentage monthly drop in passenger numbers which apparently is substantially incorrect. The figures have now been removed from the CAA website presumably to be corrected before republication.