PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2013, 20:17
Captthunder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend has an interesting take on this. He says;

CTC have apparently been struggling with uptake recently. What a great way to fill their sims with people paying for their own type ratings! They could fill their sims for the next 2 years!

I wonder whether easy will take the extra money over the normal £12.5k for an A320 type rating or CTC will keep it or maybe they'll just share it?

What an immoral way to make a living. Employ pilots based not on their ability/ experience/ qualities etc but on their willingness to spend/ borrow £20k for a type rating that you could get elsewhere for £12.5k. Of course easy will tell you how much they value all of their employees and that safety is their no 1 priority. They'll tell you that just before they ask for the cheque for £20k - the major qualification you need to get a job with them.

Of course like any jobs, during the first year you have no real rights. I wonder how many will get chopped at their first OPC enabling enough space for the next batch?

If I was you mate, I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Thoughts anyone?