PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2013, 19:49
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atccfi
B767 ANA or JP Express
Great feedback guys, thanks a lot. Hoping for an evaluation late in September. Why are they having such a hard time finding applicants to fill the classes? This seems like a great contract/opportunity and I'm guessing there are plenty of qualified candidates, so it must be ultra high standards. Am I correct?
The simple truth is that none of us really knows what criteria they use for hiring we all have stories about people that we recommended, solid individuals with good credentials and experience that for some reason didn't get hired, many even pass the interview and still didn't get a class date. A lot of people apply as you pointed out, many of them have experience well beyond the hiring minimums and don't even get a reply! I have to say that most of the time they get it right but there have been a few pilots hired here that are better suited for lighthouse duty and only morse code as a means of communication..! We have suggested many times to include the foreign pilots in the interview process since we can pickup troubling signs in western individuals better than they can, but....! There isn't a shortage of qualified applicants, just not that many that fit into whatever parameters they are looking for.