PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2013, 16:32
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does your fraternity of PIC and civil aeronautics do to honor their memory? Will a scholarship fund be established for their children or nieces or nephews or the kids at the local church temple mosque or yoga studio if they have none of their own? or at the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts or 4-H or Explorers or the entity which the US ought to form combining all four of these groups? I began my career as a labor attorney and I don't even know if they were organized into a labor union! What can be done that will honor their memory, and at the same time help the taxpayers of this country realize that aviation safety doesn't just happen. It does not just happen by itself.

I'd gladly volunteer my legal services, saving to suitors the proverbial dollar (Sound as a Dollar), to set up a trust or scholarship. Or to press for legislative reform of how FAA updates approach corridors. I'm WillowRun Six-Three, good day.
Some memorial information on one of the pilots is here:

UPS plane crash: Pilot Shanda Carney Fanning's funeral, life celebration planned | al.com

Both pilots were members of this labor union: Independent Pilots Association