View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 15:50
Desert185

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JimField:

@ A Squared:

Quote:
immature and dishonest
Just a suggestion: Any chance we can discuss the substantive issues I raised, including systemic problems in the airline industry, such as poor crew training, overworked crews, etc., which are posing important public safety hazards, rather than engaging in personal attacks based on your feelings?
I retired from UPS as a crewmember after almost 20 years. I have been involved with flight crew/pilot training for almost my entire aviation career. I found their crew training to be within the top two of the five airlines and three corporate jobs with whom I was employed. Did something fall between the cracks? Possible, but we don't know yet.

As far as fatigue, I may have a better tolerance for it than most, but learning to mitigate it is, and should be, part of the job. Flying, for me, never was a job (which is probably why I still have a post-retirement hobby job), so perhaps that helped in the fatigue department. I still fly the occasional ten hour all-nighter.

There are cry babies in the industry who cry fatigue even after a three-day layover. Boo hoo. Sorry. Get a King Air job flying the owner to his ranch on the weekend.