PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Sacks Captain Goss
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 11:29
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair point Max, but the pilot group on the C4 programme appeared to be suggesting the fuel policy was unsafe.

In my opinion, if you meet the requirements of the regs regarding fuel, then you initially start off from what is considered an acceptable and legal safe point...to become 'unsafe' from that point onwards is down to human input/decisions, excluding catastrophic failure or circumstances.

To me the two scenarios don't add up, how can you claim the operation is unsafe and yet continue to operate within it.

Surely it's either safe and you 'go' or it is 'unsafe' and you don't?

How can the group claim it unsafe and yet happily carry people?

Again, my opinion is that while I have every sympathy for the way the crew are treated by the management, and that's why I chose never to apply for a loco (especially Ryanair because I don't like the way they treat employees and paying passengers) the pilot group are attempting to play the 'unsafe' card in order that the pressure the public may exert on the airline by not flying with them may make the management change their style and T&Cs is wrong, that is an in-house issue and should be done internally.

It's a desperate measure carried out by an ever more desperate group who I believe will only be taken seriously when then play the ultimate card of turning off the cash for a day...that's all MOL is interested in and that's all that will make him take notice.

Last edited by south coast; 17th Aug 2013 at 11:56.