PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 08:24
Bergerie1

Received 48 Likes on 19 Posts
PJ2

I was so very pleased to see your recent posts. I know nothing about Flightaware data and analysis but I do know quite a lot about FDR analysis in a major airline. We used to study the traces each month to provide useful operational feedback to our pilots, to modify SOPs and improve training programmes as required, etc.

You are so right to draw people's attention to the need to study genuine FDR data rather than the speculative attempts being made by too many amateurs from imprecise information.

The NTSB will, in due time, publish their findings based on the most reliable FACTS - not idle speculation. There are several professionals on this website who, based on their expertise, do their best to provide sound opinions. To a certain extent these are valuable but until facts are available they are only opinions.

In another post someone said too many people want instant results. In my experience, it is only after extensive analysis by the right experts that useful information emerges.

May I urge all those who want to know what really happened to await the published information from the NTSB.