PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 07:18
Matey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomson pilot management have just announced their recruitment plans for summer 2014. This consists of a mixture of "a small number" of cadet entry pilots initially drawn from suitably qualified internal (TUI UK & Ireland) candidates on a fixed term contract, and Type Rated pilots who will join on permanent part year contracts (PPY50). This involves working full time in the summer from 1st May to 31st October, and part time (one week off two weeks on) for the winter period. This attracts a salary of 81.3% of full time pay which is paid in equal instalments over the 12 months.

Permanent PPY 50 recruitment will open in late August / early September which will be for 737-800 Type Rated Pilots only. The cadet entry was advertised internally yesterday, and will be opened to outside recruits should there be insufficient numbers within the Company.

As to numbers here is the Company view..."We estimate that we will need around 20 to 25 recruits in total for next summer, although this does depend on any future programme changes and the number of pilots that leave us between now and next summer." I have no idea of the cadet/type rated split in that figure.

Since originally posting here I have received numerous PMs and completely understand the desire for further information and advice. However, in order not to compromise the recruitment process with which I may be involved please understand if I ask you to refrain from sending PMs to which I will be unable to reply.

As to where the posts will be advertised then one place to start would be as suggested above at Welcome to TUI Travel PLC - a leading international leisure travel group. Where else they plan to advertise I don't know.

Join date would be to be available to the line for May 2014 after a short period of training. The cadet entry will start type rating training in January. They will join on a fixed term contract until 31st October 2014. Previous fixed term pilots have all, bar a tiny number, moved on to permanent (PPY50) contracts at the end of the fixed term following a training file review and interview. No guarantees that will continue to be the case though of course.

Last edited by Matey; 17th Aug 2013 at 07:28.