PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruiting in November
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 06:55
Matey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Management have announced that they are looking to recruit a small number of current TUI UK & Ireland employees on a Non Type Rated Entry Scheme, starting in January 2014. The position is fixed term until October 31st 2014. Candidates must hold an EASA CPL/ IR ME with ATPL Ground School Exams passed (Frozen ATPL) and a current EASA Class 1 medical. Applicants will be initially screened to ensure they meet the required criteria and then will be invited to an Assessment Day in October. The position will be initially advertised internally, however, should there not be sufficient interest the positions will be advertised externally.

I have no idea as to how many suitably qualified internal candidates exist, or how many cadetships in total will be available in the mix of cadets and type rated recruitment. The current estimate for total recruitment including a type rated entry to be advertised soon ( permanent part year contracts) is 20-25. This is the Company view..."We estimate that we will need around 20 to 25 recruits in total for next summer, although this does depend on any future programme changes and the number of pilots that leave us between now and next summer."

I have received numerous PMs since posting here originally, and completely understand the desire for further information and advice. However, in order not to compromise the recruitment process with which I may be involved please understand if I ask you to refrain from sending PMs to which I will be unable to reply.

Previous fixed term pilots have all, bar a tiny number, moved on to permanent (PPY50) contracts at the end of the fixed term following a training file review and interview. No guarantees that will continue to be the case though of course. PPY50 means full time working May to end of October then part time of one week off two weeks on for the winter. Pay is spread equally over the year and amounts to 81.3% of full time salary.

As to where the posts may be advertised a good starting place would be Welcome to TUI Travel PLC - a leading international leisure travel group. Where else they plan to advertise I don't know.

Last edited by Matey; 17th Aug 2013 at 07:38.