PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Road rage in UAE
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 06:04
Geebz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish I was the guy getting hit in the video. One of two things would've happened. Either a dishdasha beatdown in "self-defence" or I would've claimed assault and taken that guy to court... wait.. option 1, yeah. For sure.

People that get upset about a minor fender-bender should have their licenses revoked. Get a grip. It's a car, an inanimate depreciating "asset", insurance will fix it and you move on. I feel sorry for you guys who are stuck in that place.

I was in a Taxi in Dubai once when another car took out the door as my colleague was getting out. The Emirati took off his shoe and tried to swat our Indian cabbie, blaming him for the damage to his crappy old Hyundai. I intervened and said, "nice try, pal, you picked the wrong cab to mess with." We called the cops and when we gave our version of the story, the cops got very aggressive with us and quickly tried to blame us even threatening to arrest. They ordered us to the station where we spent 4 hours eventually getting up in front of a magistrate trying to defend the Indian cab driver. They let the Emirati go, fined the cab driver, and told us if we pursued this any further we would be arrested. I politely stepped aside, made one call to my team in Kuwait and viola, problems started for those cops. We were working for the royal family so we had horsepower. But it was very obvious that had we been on our own, we would have been at the mercy of the UAE court system... which I saw first hand is an absolute joke. We didn't bother to stick around and see how much trouble we could get the cops in. That wasn't a risk I was willing to see play out.

As far as the Canadian couple. Were I the husband there were be 3 brothers in the ICU. Unfortunately, Canadians aren't generally the confrontational type. Sorry for that. No offense. It is what it is. I hope the Canadians get each of those brothers on a interpol blacklist so that they cannot travel outside the UAE, ever. Hitting a woman, a pregnant woman! Scum!!!!!

They should sue IKEA as well.

When I was working in Kuwait, we had a pilot who was assaulted by a group of Kuwaitis, they tried to kill him. He put up a helluva fight but did end up in the hospital. As his CP I was livid that this occurred and I threatened to turn it into an international incident if the government didn't respond immediately. To their credit the Kuwaiti authorities pursued and eventually caught all of them. Too bad our guy refused to press charges. The assailants were crying like babies (literally) when we came at them with the full brunt of the law and the royal family. Our American pilot didn't want to ruin their lives, they were college kids, by sending them off to prison. I bust his balls about it to this day. Were I in his shoes I would've seen the book thrown at those pussys. They beat him with wooden weapons and told him they were going to kill him, he let them go. What can ya' do. That was the 3rd time I've seen him take the passive solution.

Last edited by Geebz; 17th Aug 2013 at 06:29.