PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gmail password change
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 00:12
ExSp33db1rd

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Gmail password change

My home computer 'remembered' my Gmail password when I first created a Gmail e-mail account, so when I cobble up Gmail it shows me the Gmail account address, and the password as XXXXXXXX, so all I have to do is accept it.

But ....... whilst away I had to use public computers and sign in and out each time, and one day I screwed up the password - 3 times, and was locked out.

Eventually I sorted it out and had to create a new password, the Gmail system wouldn't let me use a previously used, i.e. the old, password again.

Now I'm home, my home computer shows me the Gmail e-mail address as usual, but uses the old XXXXXXX password, and Gmail tells me daily that I changed my password, now 55 days ago ! and I have to re-insert the new one every time.

I only changed the last character, but just changing that each time doesn't work, I have to remove and re-insert the new one - everytime !!

How can I get Gmail, or my computer, to recognise that I KNOW I've changed my password, I just want to change the default to my new one.

Ticking the "keep me signed in" box doesn't do it.

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 17th Aug 2013 at 00:13.