PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS cargo crash near Birmingham AL
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 22:05
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need I remind? UPS 1354 crashed and burned 1 nm short of RWY 18. Why is it surprising that the last data point in the FlightAware feed may be incorrect?

The FDR and CVR could very well be toast and all their data lost. Should the people who want to know what happened to UPS 1354 throw away all other data sources too?

Are you saying that all FlightAware data is useless and cannot be trusted?

I don't have time to explain all the defects in your "analysis", but as one example out of many:

It's pretty obvious that the data for the last position is grossly in error, right? I mean after all it shows the airplane on the national guard ramp about a mile from where we know it ended up. So, gotta be in error right? so we just delete that position from the analysis. Cool. Now here's the hysterical part, even though we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the last data record in the FlightAware is hopelessly flawed, You still preserve the velocity reported in that defective record, and inexplicably incorporate it into your charts and "analysis

The fact that you don't see the folly of taking that velocity reported in the final record, and basing conclusions on it speaks volumes.