PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Longford, Australia, S76 Engine Failure at CDP
Old 16th Aug 2013, 18:47
helmet fire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Industry, I am sure it is your prerogative. But there are interested people who would appreciate that your good grace might enable them to discover and discuss this one.

Australia is going to introduce PC1 and PC2 relations into RMS shortly and such incidents are very topical here. I too have been waiting to see this one on the prune and see the reaction when the story comes out.

Lastly, as I have remarked before, we would get 3000 posts criticising a pilot /crew who made a minor error or who can be publicly ridiculed but f all about a job well done and something for us all to learn about how it could be done, how it should be done, and how good some of the outcomes that a good training program can produce. This plot/crew deserve recognition and discussion and even celebration from us as professionals.

Wouldn't it be nice to point to what all those training dollars can really achieve, and why getting the right pilots with the right standards, discipline and knowledge is actually important?

What is the difference between this one and the Myanmar S76 accident? Bueller?
Apart from one thread being deleted?

BTW Longford Engine Failure may not attract as many people as "S76 OEI at TDP" and may also permit better searches and comparisons later? For your consideration turoheli.

Thread title modified: good idea!

Splot