PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP - post your questions here.
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 17:32
K1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATP PIC Time

I currently hold a valid ICAO CPL license with A318/319/320/321 and A330 rating. I'm interested in getting a FAA ATP. My total flying time is 3800 hours as SIC and I'm currently flying in an airline.

I already have my FAA verification letter and I tried scheduling my ATP course in ALL ATPS in Fort Lauderdale, unfortunately they won't allow me to take the course because I don't fulfill the requires hours for PIC time, I currently have the 100 solo flight time.

As reading FAR 61.159:

(c) A commercial pilot may credit the following second-in-command flight time or flight-engineer flight time toward the 1,500 hours of total time as a pilot required by paragraph (a) of this section:

(1) Second-in-command time, provided the time is acquired in an airplane—

(i) Required to have more than one pilot flight crewmember by the airplane’s flight manual, type certificate, or the regulations under which the flight is being conducted;

(ii) Engaged in operations under subpart K of part 91, part 121, or part 135 of this chapter for which a second in command is required; or

(iii) That is required by the operating rules of this chapter to have more than one pilot flight crewmember.

My question is if I can convert the flight hours I have as SIC of A318/319/320/321 and A330 to complete the extra 150 hours I need for PIC time in order to fulfill my requirements.

I tried explaining ALL ATPs about the regulation but they told me that they don't do such conversion, I'm confused because maybe I'm misinterpretating the regulation.

I would appreciate anybody who can help with this problem or maybe point me out to a Flight School in Miami who doesn't have a problem converting my hours if it can be done.