PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL EASA SEP Renewal
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 15:25
jezbowman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a final spanner in the works. From the CAA website where you download the form it says:

NOTE: The purpose of this Form is to request the revalidation of a rating by the CAA in any circumstance where the revalidation page of the licence cannot be signed by an examiner. If the rating is present in Section XII of the licence and the examiner has signed the revalidation page in the licence, this Form 1119B is not required.
This is taken from here.

When I re-validated my SEP in June, the examiner photocopied the SEP page after signing it up and this was sent to the CAA as part of my application for an EASA license. No SRG1119x form was sent to the CAA and I now have an EASA license with my new SEP expiry printed on it.

I appreciate that the CAA have been allowing some exceptions to keep the mass of applications in re-work to a minimum but if the requirement is that a SRG1119x form is required to be sent to the CAA in this case then they need to remove this ambiguity from their webpage.

On the other-hand, if the statement is true and you don't need to send the form in as long as the rating already exists on your license and the examiner can sign it, then that should be on the form and not just on the download link.