PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - asynchronous sidestick
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 15:10
Capn Bloggs

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Dozy
Er - neither Dozy nor Clandestino argued against taking control from an FO out of their depth, or anyone else for that matter.
I never even implied that you did. Let me remind you what you said:

I suspect that if, say, a landing was performed in which a follow-through became necessary, then both the training Captain and trainee would be summoned for tea and biscuits, with the former being required to explain why they let the trainee proceed to that point.
The "horrors" of it all! Tea and bikkies, explanations required! The reality is nothing like what you hypothesise.

with "I have control/My aircraft" etc., in conjunction with a "Go Around" call if necessary. Simply yanking on the primary flight control without warning is a very risky thing to do with any type of control layout - as I'm sure you well know - because it runs the risk of startling the pilot in the opposite seat which in turn risks an unpredictable outcome.
It's a shame you don't fly RPT two-crew, Dozy. You'd realise it normally doesn't work like that in the scenario the discussion is alluding to.

and you must know that when going by the book, "follow-through" has no place in line ops, even line training.
And where did you drag that gem up from??

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 16th Aug 2013 at 15:11.