PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 12:11
liffy2A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the posts. I want to add I have no hidden agenda with unions. The figures I gave are to the best of my knowledge. I take your point JAS about 28k starting third level education is no where near 100k to train.There is no pension and job security is minimal compared to any other profession. Personally it will take me over 12 years to pay it back. The salary is fixed at these rates since 2010 after the 10% pay cut. There has not been an increase in wages in AA for over 10 years all through the Celtic tiger era.Your argument is it is a stepping stone airline to get experience, I have had too. They guys looking to strike are trying to make it a place to work long term at home.So they do not have to move to Australia, Middle East like so many others. To give you an average approx 30 guys with over 4 year experience have left in the last 2 years because of the pay.For example Virgin Australia operate ATRs there paying FO's the same as a captains salary in Arann. You have to compare jobs with jobs not average wages in countries/households. Then you just have Cuba. Yes it's a pain in the ass for the travelling public but its the last form of defence for Arann as a place to work LONGTERM. Now lets just go back to giving out about those nasty doctors,nurse,teachers, who don't pay taxes that will not work for minimum wages. How dare they!