PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest AFAP job ad.
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 11:41
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
I flew at the same DZ as my example. My friend was one of those killed. I was of the view that it was going to cost me $200 per hour to get that experience. The pilot in the example was 19, wasn't getting paid, had no super, no insurance and is DEAD. My opinions are vastly different now with a bit of hindsight.

Ixixly, your statement leaves me flabbergasted. Can you honestly say that proficiency checks, a minimum supervised period of flying before being let loose and adhering to flight and duty limits don't make an operation safer than one that has none of these features in place? If airwork is so dangerous by your reasoning, then maybe all training should be discontinued. There is no fairness or logic to your statement AT ALL!

DH, your statement that "I'm so glad no-one checks up on me" smacks of either being a DZ operator who wants free pilots or someone who does actually need the supervision. Why is my example terrible? An inexperienced pilot who didn't know any better as you put it? A Chief Pilot who did know better would certainly have given these five people a better chance.

Both of you need your heads read.