PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Narrowed it down to these schools
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 08:54
TOLIP-LPTA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

If by zero-hero program you mean a frozen ATPL(A) then the stated price of 45k EUR at Bartolini Air is real. Calculation is easy. The only thing you really need to know is 2 prices - in Poland 1h SE (C-150/P2002JF) cost about 130-160 EUR/h and ME (P2006T) is about 300 EUR/h. Simple calculation 6h MEP(L) + 15h IR/ME + 5h CPL(A) complex part + 4.5h ME exams (CPL(A) ME and IR/ME) = 30.5h ME + 173h SE (that includes PPL(A) + VFR NIGHT + hour build-up). 173h because you need to have 200h TT before you take CPL(A) + IR/ME exam. Add 40h IR FNTP II training (60-70 EUR/h).

Do the calculation for yourself. Also, remember that many schools in Poland give theory courses for free if you do the practical part - therefore you can easily assume that you can get those free of charge. Accommodation in Lodz is cheap - you can get a 1-bedroom condo for about 300EUR/month (incl. electricity/water/heating). TV/Internet is usually included (if not, add max. 20-25EUR/month). If you rent a private room - it can cost you as low as 150EUR/month. Hotels will run you about 30EUR/night (discounts for long stays). Food is also cheap and you have IKEA near (3km) the school.

Check with Bartolini Air what do they exactly offer for this price and have in mind that (most likely) all of your ME hours are on P2006T, which is cheaper than Piper Seneca. On the other hand, if you want the cheapest option - you can take CPL(A) exam on a single engine plane (C-150/P2002JF) and do the complex part of CPL(A) training on a SE complex plane (Piper Arrow). I know they offer Piper Seneca familiarization, so even if you do all your ME training on P2006T, you can add few hundred EUR and familiarize yourself with Seneca.