PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - i need detaled infomation on joining officer training at cranwell
Old 16th Aug 2013, 06:57
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
JR has indeed used the search function and also displayed some initiative in then coming here. What he may have missed were essential terms to find the OASC thread.

From the post below it looks as if he is 15 and has already done several of the things that will help.

His ATC Sqn should have been an obvious place to ask or his local RAF Careers office.

However in simple terms - 5 good GCSE at grade C or above including English and Maths should be at Grade B (for pilot applicants). Then two A-levels and that is that. This however is a bare minimum and more and higher grades help.

A university degree, typically in the science or engineering fields, will also be an advantage however there are also disadvantages there too - cost and time.

Look at the OASC Wannabe thread at the top of this section.

I have one more year in school ANSI want to know is I should go into an RAF collage, as I want to going the RAF as a pilot, I went to know why my best education path is to becoming a successful pilot and officer I do do air cadets and have done lots of flying and activity, I am an NCI nco a gold leader, I want to know how best to plan my education from collage onwards

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 16th Aug 2013 at 07:04.