PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 00:01
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard two things recently, one is that the TNT contract has just been renewed for another five years and the airport asked if TNT would be willing to vacate the hangar (with the intention of giving it to Sycamore) if they provided a suitable alternative facility elsewhere on site, but TNT refused as they want the option to be able to bring their aircraft back should they ever wish to.

But I also heard the contract is coming up for renewal and whether it gets renewed or not I don't know but it was made to sound like Sycamore will have the hangar before too much longer.

I would love to see TNT move into Hangar 4 (their fuel bowsers are there anyway so it would be more convenient in that sense, plus you could have trucks go in one side and out the other which would be much more efficient for them) and they'd still be able to bring an aircraft back one day if they wanted too, albeit without the maintenance side of things (Sycamore could even do that for them). But Sycamore need and desperately want hangar 2 because it has a set of mini-doors above the main doors that would allow them to take aircraft straight in without having to remove the tail section first like they're having to now (due to the design of hangar 1, mini-doors can't be retrofitted).