PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2013, 21:52
pi3lot_1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any recent info/changes

Hi,

I have found this topic really interesting and very informative

I went through the entire 80 odd pages yesterday and found it really useful.

I should be on an assessment next month or if not then the one after.

Was just curious if there was any recent info about course dates if your successful etc, how many courses are they looking to run for the rest of this year and 2014?

Is it still the case with FOs that you will not have a chance of even assessment for command until the end of your first 5 year contract, don't get me wrong, this is still an exceptionally quick time to have a chance of being assessed for a wide body command but just curious all the same.

I did read an earlier post that some didn't get through because it literally was there first attempt at any sort of command, of course having command time previously is good but will it be held against you if you have not been a commander previously?

Again with regards to earlier posts, people have states that they passed everything only to be told later on that they didn't score as high as other people that also passed so therefore were binned, if it is the case that the sim is 90% of the score, is it really down to nailing and doing the sim as perfect as you can?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Steve