PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEM And the rumour of a proposed new redundancy rule
Old 15th Aug 2013, 20:52
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Always a Sapper

It's not needed for any of the services, but while we are on the subject I would have thought it would fit in with the RAF very well...

I mean, initial thoughts go along the lines of it fitting in very well when say a fleet of Aircraft are chopped and we end up with a lot of Aircrew hitching a lift home having just dropped the frame off at the breakers... Or then theres the ground based engineers now without something to maintain... etc etc

Just saying thats all...
Hate to say it but he's got a point. I feel for you guys having to adjust to this but it seams like the way things are going to be. I just gave some advice to a pupil who's off for his RAF interview shortly. While I've been happy to encourage him about what the service can offer as a career I encouraged him from the moment he joins to have his exit plan worked out. Get in, work hard, do good, have fun but always, always remember to prepare for the exit, preferably in a manner of your choosing. Work on getting the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, develop options/thoughts for second carer. I think that philosophy is becoming more important under this so called NEM.